The Apostles’ Creed
WE BELIEVE in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day, he rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he shall come to judge the living and the dead. And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Our vision is to experience and extend the power of God’s truth and grace in and around Danbury, Southern New England and throughout the world.
We want to be a community:
- Where it is safe to be deeply flawed and broken
- Where we discover the life-transforming love of God as shown in Jesus Christ and demonstrated in both word and deed through his people, the Church
- Where people, relationships and our entire city are changed for the glory of God
OUR FIVE CORE VALUES
- We are Gospel-driven — the Good News of Jesus as found in the Bible drives who we are and what we do.
- We are Sacrament-centered — connected to God in worship.
- We are Mission-centered — connected with the world in which we live.
- We are Confessional-centered — connected with our rich theological heritage.
- We are Community-centered — connected with our fellow worshipers in love and service.
OUR FIVE BASIC COMMITMENTS
- We are committed to the Old and New Testaments of the Bible as our only rule of faith and practice
- We are committed to the teachings of grace as they are summarized in the historic Westminster Confession of Faith
- We are committed to God-centered worship, where, by the Holy Spirit, Christ is present with us in power through the preaching of God’s Word, through our participation at the Lord’s Table, and in baptism
- We are commited to being a multi-cultural church and church-planting movement
- We are committed to a high view of Christian calling as reflected in the vocational spheres of family, church and public service
Our Church Affiliation
Christ the Shepherd Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) denomination. A detailed discussion of what we believe as members of the PCA can be found here and in the Westminster Confession of Faith.